What Ryan Preece accomplished last year at New Hampshire Motor Speedway helped propel him to unqualified success in a limited run in the NASCAR Xfinity Series.Preece didn’t win last year’s race, but his second-place finish opened eyes throughout the sport. And on his very next run, the modified ace won from the pole at Iowa to score his first series victory in his second trip in a Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota.The victory was the payoff from an enormous gamble. Backed by a group of investors, Preece opted for a few races in top-of-the-line JGR equipment versus a full Xfinity schedule in lesser-quality machinery. In four 2017 races with Gibbs, Preece finished second, first, fourth and fifth.Back in April, Preece scored his second victory, this time in a Dash 4 Cash race at Bristol. In eight Xfinity starts in the past two seasons, he has posted top 10s in all but one. The exception came in his last outing, in July at Daytona, where an overheating issue knocked him out of the race after 51 of 105 laps.MORE: Ryan Preece’s career statsNow Preece returns to New Hampshire for Saturday’s Lakes Region 200 (4 p.m. ET, NBCSN/NBC Sports App, PRN, SiriusXM NASCAR Radio). Originally, the race wasn’t on Preece’s schedule with JGR.“A lot of the people that supported me last year to do those two races (New Hampshire and Iowa), they wanted to get involved and do it again,” Preece said on Friday at NHMS. “And so we put it together so we can come back and race here in New Hampshire in front of all their friends and family and my friends and family.“It was a really big deal last year, so we ended up putting it together, and hopefully we can do one spot better.”Though it hasn’t happened yet, Preece hopes continued success will lead to sponsorship money and a full-time stint in NASCAR racing.“Of course I do (want a full-time ride), but I think what needs to be said is sponsors need to come to the team and say we need Ryan Preece or something like that,” Preece said. “So I’m just going to keep doing my job, and that’s trying to win races, and hopefully the sponsors will come.”
The group’s findings have been sent to the senior judiciary. Todd said: ‘We hope that the recommendations which we have put forward for discussion provide a sensible starting point to continue to improve and evolve civil litigation in this jurisdiction.’ Read the full report. All cases should be docketed to ensure consistency and effectiveness of case management decisions Case management conferences, conducted by the trial judge, should take place no later than the close of pleadings, at which point the parties should be required to identify the issues to be decided and the evidence required, thus limiting disclosure and the preparation of evidence Pre-action protocols should be abolished as, by formalising the pre-action process, they add to the length and expense of proceedings. The emphasis instead should be on detailed pleadings in compliance with the rules The CPR rules for witness statements should be abolished and replaced by rules for witness summaries, covering a number of specified areas, and subject to the judge’s discretion to exclude oral evidence or direct witness statements A single, electronic case management administration system should be implemented across the jurisdictions of the Rolls Building, in order to improve the efficiency of (and time spent on) both case management conferences and docketing, and There should be only one procedural guide for the Rolls Building. Better case management with all cases docketed and dealt with by a single judge are among the Bar Council’s recommendations to make civil justice quicker and more cost effective. A working party chaired by the immediate past chairman of the bar, Michael Todd QC, published its report on ‘Reforming civil litigation’ today. The recommendations come shortly after the chancellor of the High Court commenced a review of the practice and procedure of the Chancery Division. The group’s key recommendations are:
The executive director of Levski Pavel Kolev will have to untie the knot around the parting with the former coach of the “blues” Petar Hubchev. The information was transmitted by Meridian Match.The new owners of Levski Konstantin Papazov and Nasko Sirakov have left the negotiations entirely on the shoulders of the executive director of the club. As it is known, the management of the “blues” announced that Hubchev will not lead the team anymore after the 0: 2 loss to Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the first match of the semifinals of the Bulgarian Cup.However, this separation is not yet a fact, as the former national coach expects to be paid all the remuneration due under his contract. The case before the bosses of Levski is aggravated by the fact that Hubchev signed the contract as a German citizen, which excludes the competence of the domestic labor regulations.
Manchester: Former England captain and commentator Nasser Hussain has praised Pakistan’s youngster Babur Assam’s batting. Hussein’s words came after Babur’s performance on the first day of the first Test against England. At the end of the first day’s play, Babur was unbeaten on 69 off 100 balls, including 11 fours. Hussein said Babur Assam is a player who deserves a place along with the ‘Fabulous Four’ of cricket, Virat Kohli, Steve Smith, Kane Williamson and Joe Root. Hussein said that if it had been Indian captain Virat Kohli in Babur’s place, everyone would have talked about this innings and now that he is Babur, no one is talking. “If this guy was Virat Kohli, everyone would talk about this innings. No one is saying anything because this is Babur now. Everyone is talking about Fab Four. In fact, it is now Fab Five, including Babur Assam, “said Hussain. He said the cricket world was not yet ready to recognize Babur’s talent and that this trend was not right. Content Highlights: Babar Azam has forced way into the top five batsmen of the world Nasser Hussain