Meanwhile, the number of infections in a new Ebola outbreak has grown by six since the WHO’s initial announcement on Nov 17. Six of the cases are confirmed and four are probable, the agency said in a Nov 23 update. Five deaths have been reported, up from three in the first announcement. Nov 23 WHO Ebola outbreak update Nov 26 AFP story The WHO’s last update on the DRC’s Ebola outbreak, dated Oct 26, said 52 cases and 25 deaths had been linked to the outbreak. The outbreak involved the Bundibugyo strain, which is different than the one that has caused Uganda’s recent outbreaks. The Marburg outbreak that began in the middle of October has sickened two more patients since the WHO’s last update on Oct 31. No new deaths from the disease have been reported, keeping the number of fatalities so far at nine, the WHO said on Nov 23. International partners, including the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, are assisting with the investigations and outbreak response, and health professionals are receiving training on infection prevention, disease control, and field management, according to the WHO. Patients sickened in the outbreak are from Luweero and Kampala districts. The outbreak involves the Sudan strain of Ebola, the same type that was implicated in a 24-case outbreak over the summer that occurred in the western part of the country. The last confirmed case-patient was hospitalized on Nov 17, and authorities are identifying close contacts and monitoring them for 21 days, according to the WHO. International partners are assisting with a host of response efforts. Nov 23 WHO Marburg outbreak update See also: Infections have been detected in four districts, Kabale, Ibanda, Mbarara, and Kampala. The WHO said the last confirmed case-patient was hospitalized on Oct 31. The agency added that Uganda’s health ministry is still investigating all of the cases and monitoring the patients’ close contacts for 21 days. In other Ebola developments, an outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) that started in August appears to be over, according to the country’s health minister Felix Kabange Numbi, Agence-France Presse (AFP) reported today. The outbreak targeted Orientale province, located in the northeastern part of the country, and sickened 62 people. Nov 26, 2012 (CIDRAP News) – An outbreak of Marburg hemorrhagic fever has grown to 20 cases in western Uganda, and 10 people in two of Uganda’s central districts have contracted Ebola hemorrhagic fever, the World Health Organization (WHO) said recently.
Bears make 13 changes for Sale Sharks clashLam selects nine Bristolians in matchday squadBates to become the second youngest player to start for Bears in the top-flightFirst Premiership starts for Dun and Eden
A photo of the landslide sent to Energeticcity.ca The slide happened approximately one kilometre past the entrance to the Site C Dam construction site.At first look, the slide has affected a gravel pit near the lookout at the end of 100 street. The land underneath the large piles of gravel has dropped several feet. Part of this gravel pit has dropped because of the landslide.Police are asking area residents to avoid the area and not travel down the Old Fort Road.At this point, it doesn’t appear that any homes are in the direct path of the slide, but officials from the Ministry of Transportation and the Regional District are not yet on site.Advertisement Old Fort Landslide UPDATES – BELOW ARE LINKS TO THE LATEST INFORMATION ABOUT THE SLIDEFor more on the evacuation order, click here.B.C. Hydro says the slide isn’t related to construction at the Site C Dam, click here for more.For more on the opening of the emergency operations centre, click here.- Advertisement -To see more photos and video of the slide, click here.ORIGINAL STORYFORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – Residents of the Old Fort woke up to a landslide Sunday morning leaving their only road blocked.Sometime overnight Saturday, part of the Old Fort Hills shifted bringing part of the hill down and blocking the Old Fort Road. As of 7:30 a.m., the RCMP are on scene blocking traffic from entering the area since you can still hear the hillside moving and the ground is still moving.Advertisement This is a breaking story and information is limited at this time. We will post updates as we get more information. If you have information to share, email [email protected] Police are blocking the Old Fort Road past the entrance to Site C Another look at the Old Fort Road A photo of the Old Fort Road just past the entrance to the Site C Dam – Adam Reaburn A look at the hillside early Sunday morning Part of this gravel pit has dropped because of the landslide. A photo of the Old Fort Road Landslide on September 30 at 7:30 a.m. A look at the top of the landslide. 1 of 10 A photo of the Old Fort Road submitted to Energeticcity.ca A look from the top of the landslide.