The Macon County Sheriff’s Department is investigating the suspicious death of an infant. 3-month old Liam Wilson was unresponsive on Thursday May 11th when first responders tried to resuscitate the baby. His father, 20 year old Jesse Wilson, called 911 around 8:44am stating the child was not breathing.The mother Julia Angel Vance had reportedly left the baby in the care of Wilson while she was working. She stated in court documents that she noticed bruising on the child’s forehead previously and questioned Wilson about it. Vance went to work around 6 am on Thursday. The baby was alive at this time.Upon interviewing both parents, Wilson admitted to investigators that he had occasionally squeezed the baby’s head in order to quiet him. He said he had done this on the morning the child died.An autopsy found multiple bruises, brain and head injuries. Fingerprint size bruising was visible on the infant.Search warrants have been issued in the case according to court records.No charges have been filed in the case.Jesse Wilson was arrested on May 16th on unrelated drug charges. He is due in court later in June.
The latest high-tech tool for the world’s largest renewable energy company is not a wind turbine, it’s the new Intel technology-based mobile tablets. Hundreds of wind technicians throughout the company’s U.S. fleet are taking their workflows from paper to the security of Microsoft Surface Pro and reaping the benefits.The Iberdrola Renewables mobility program first started at the company’s headquarters in Spain back in 2012. The intent of the program is to digitize the work order system, and improve inventory management and parts consumption tracking, all securely and in real-time.“We chose the Microsoft Surface Pro because it is slim, yet has a good size screen,” said Jeff Buckley, Iberdrola Renewables senior wind turbine technician. “It has a keyboard so we can put in all the data that we need, and with the protector it is strong enough to hold up to anything that we need to do. When we go out to a wind turbine I have pretty much our whole entire file cabinet on one device.”Securing Mobile Tablets Out in the FieldThe rapid success of the program expanding across the nearly 60 wind and solar farms nationwide is a testament to those who were ultimately responsible for testing and selecting the winning tablet: Iberdrola Renewables’ wind technicians out in the field, teamed up with the company’s security-minded IT professionals.“Security is a must,” said Eduardo De Frutos, Iberdrola Renewables IT project manager. “It is one of our main priorities, and here in the United States it is even more important. We run our systems under very strict regulations.”As one of the top 10 utilities in the world, securing their contribution to nations’ energy infrastructure is top priority for Iberdrola Renewables. “Our company has deployed a whole security infrastructure, from networks to operating systems to hardware. Everything has to be in accordance to security policies,” De Frutos continued. “Our IT counterparts in Spain were analyzing different tablets and validating them. When we analyzed hard disk performance and touch screen sensitivity, the Intel-based Microsoft Surface Pro was number one.”Ultimately, De Frutos said, it all comes down to secure technology and making sure that any new Intel-powered tablet seamlessly integrated into stringent security policies and regulations was the key component of that process. “We came to understand a few years ago that if we’re not able to increase the technology we won’t be able to increase our business. That’s why we put the technology in the center.”Transitioning from Pen and Paper to Real-time Field Data“Our old system was pen and paper with manual entry into the SAP system by plant administrators,” said Amy McGinty, Iberdrola Renewables director of operations business practices. “Thanks to the mobility program, work orders now move directly into the hands of wind technicians in real-time, out in the field.”We’re also finding that our inventory is automatically kept up to date and our understanding of our data is more accurate. At the same time, our wind technicians have a field tool to research, document, report, and solve incidents in real-time.Prior to the launch of the mobile tablet program, technicians would handwrite reports and then hand-deliver them to a wind plant administrator who would reenter the information into a database. The switch from pen and paper to mobile tablets is already saving hours in data entry time per day.“Work order entry was about 25 percent of my day, now that the Microsoft Surface Pro has come into play it’s about 10 percent of my work day,” said Niaomi Thibodeau, Iberdrola Renewables wind plant administrator.“When you get out into the field and start trouble shooting you really need to know the history of that turbine,” said Devin Carder, Iberdrola Renewables wind plant technician. “It’s really nice to have all of that right at your fingertips.”To learn more about the Iberdrola Renewables mobility program, watch the video above we made with our crews out in the field.
Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Hotel says PH coach apologized for ‘kikiam for breakfast’ claim Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games Jordan delivers on promise: 2 Cobra choppers now in PH The Fatted Calf and Ayutthaya: New restos worth the drive to Tagaytay After 30 years, Johnlu Koa still doing ‘hard-to-make’ quality breads LATEST STORIES After the event was another story as representatives from the seven teams who are calling for Narvasa’s head quickly left the venue, while the other five stayed for a few minutes before making their exit.Romero assured everyone that the Board is still working on fixing the issue, saying the governors’ collective is making sure the league’s 43-year-old legacy still prevailed.“I think we’re a very solid group at this point in time. Business as usual. Basketball has to be fought inside the basketball courts, and it should remain inside the basketball courts. Any internal problems or whatever that we have, we will deal with it internally, within ourselves, within the 12 of us,” he said.“This Sunday, what we should be watching are the players, the superstars of Philippine basketball.”But the PBA couldn’t deny that the controversy took a toll on its major operations, with the usual extravagant opening ceremonies now watered down to a simple rites at the Big Dome.ADVERTISEMENT MRT 7 on track for partial opening in 2021 Photo by Tristan Tamayo/ INQUIRER.netAll is well with the PBA. Or so it seems.The 43rd season of Asia’s oldest play-for-pay league will push through this Sunday at Smart Araneta Coliseum, but not without a palpable cloud of unease which loomed over the preseason press conference Wednesday at Okada Manila.ADVERTISEMENT “The TV coveror was also hampered by all that’s happened,” shared PBA communications and external affairs director Willie Marcial. “But we’ll still have an opening ceremonies. For sure, there will still be a parade of players.”The board, though, vowed that the PBA will be as functional as it was before as Fernandez promised a bigger turnout this coming year.“What the board promises you is we will have a more exciting year and we’ll continue to delight the millions of fans of the PBA. We promise that with your support, we will continue to make the PBA very relevant to the Filipinos,” he said.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next MOST READ View comments Malditas save PH from shutout Neymar to miss PSG Cup tie after returning to Brazil Ethel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ League chair Mikee Romero of GlobalPort said all the right words in the symposium as 10 of the 12 governors convened for the first time since the controversial impasse, assuring the fans that the 2018 PBA Philippine Cup will push through as scheduled.“December 17 is still the date for the opening of season 43. We can’t take the PBA away from the Filipinos, or the Filipinos away from the PBA, ” said Romero, who remains the chairman of the board.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSBoxers Pacquiao, Petecio torchbearers for SEA Games openingAside from Romero, also present for the event are league vice chair Ramoncito Fernandez of NLEX, Robert Non of San Miguel, Alfrancis Chua of Ginebra, Rene Pardo of Magnolia, Dickie Bachmann of Alaska, Mert Mondragon of Rain or Shine, Raymond Zorrilla of Phoenix, Silliman Sy of Blackwater, Bobby Rosales of Kia, alternate governor Ryan Gregorio of Meralco, and TNT assistant team manager Magnum Membrere. All 12 representatives dined in one table, a landmark moment considering the friction that split the Board into two groups over the past two months.Embattled PBA commissioner Chito Narvasa was also at hand, but was on a separate table alongside his fellow league executives. The controversial figure opted to be a low-key figure on the side and hardly issued any statements, allowing the governors to take the center stage. ‘A complete lie:’ Drilon refutes ‘blabbermouth’ Salo’s claims